Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Cherish the Joy You Keep Bringing Into my Life

This morning I've been watching brand new ducklings become acclimated to the pond outside my office window. It's amazing how fast they've gone from the walking the water's edge with trepidation to falling in line with mommy. In this month of May I have done a lot of reflecting on this first year of Caleb's life. I'm sure my next few blogs will be very retrospective.

I've found out recently that Caleb will be 'graduating' on May 29 to his next classroom at daycare. There will be no more cribs or high chairs, no more bottles or jar foods. He'll be taking one nap a day on a mat, sitting at a small table with his classmates for lunch, drinking from a sippee cup, playing on the playground.

Mark and I are so anxious for him to walk that we have not been taking the time to enjoy his present stage. Last night Caleb had the sweetest laugh as I 'chased' him. He got the biggest kick out of our game. He'd crawl as fast as he could, laughing and giggling. Then, he'd take a moment to stop and I'd tickle him and he'd take off again. I tried to get video footage but it didn't do justice of such a precious moment.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Awww. I used to have baby ducks show up every year outside of my office window as well. Brightens up the work day, doesn't it?! And Andrew and I played chase just this morning! Hmmmmm .... maybe we're the same person.