Monday, March 26, 2007

How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?

This weekend was a test of just how much Sir Cranks A Lot could endure as we traveled together to Tucker, GA. I was quite impressed since he only napped a total of 35 minutes out of the 4 hour drive. I believe he must now be Knighted as Sir Smiles for Miles! On the last leg of the trip he did let me know just how tired he was of hearing SexyBack so I played him his Baby Mozart from my ipod and he was totally silent.

We had a grand time visiting with our friends Christy and Phil and becoming acquainted with baby Andrew. Caleb also spent much of his time chasing the
Dasch-huahua, Shiloh, and Dachsund, Sammie. Caleb laughed everytime Sammie licked his face but I'm not sure he knew exactly what was going on when I caught Sammie humping his backside. No need to worry-it only happened once!

Caleb worked hard showing Andrew what he had to look forward to as he becomes more mobile. There is a wonderful chew toy plugged into the wall and tasty pebbles in the fireplace. Mommy was just grateful not to find him half-way up the stairs, "No need to get excited, I'm just coming down for a little exercise."

Considering all the new surroundings we had a fantastic visit and we look forward to making many in the upcoming years.

It looks as though we will be ready to test the waters again this summer with a drive to New York to visit Caleb's great-grandparents.


2 comments:

Christy said...

That picture of him smiling is soooo killer! Love it! Of course our great minds think alike ... except when it comes to chemistry. :-) And I must apologize again for Sammie's unacceptable behavior. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Gosh---that is such a cute picture of him smiling and standing up! I can't believe in just a short month since my visit with you bringing my daughter. He is just getting more around in the world all the time!